I have always associated September with new beginnings: the school year starts, Summer ends and Fall begins. I think it's a great time of year to incorporate some new healthy rhythms into your routine!
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
These are things you do daily and habitually. My hope is that you are already doing some of these things:) Even if you're not though, choose 1 or 2 to incorporate at a time so that you don't become overwhelmed. As you get accustomed to each rhythm, choose a new one to incorporate until you can check all 10 rhythms off your list!
Here are 10 healthy rhythms that I hope inspire you on your wellness journey!
- Water! Incorporate more water into your day. Keep a reusable stainless steel or BPA Free plastic water bottle by your side and sip on it throughout your day.
- Exercise. Ensure you do some form of exercising each day. Take a walk, stretch, yoga, Pilates, etc. Your body was designed to move!
- Supplements. Think of supplements as health insurance. They in no way, shape or form compensate for a poor diet. However, in today's world, with our depleted soil levels, air pollution and stress levels supplements ensure we are getting all of the vital nutrients necessary.
- Organization Tips! Make your lunches the night before! No one will want to take the time to create a healthful lunch first thing in the morning.
- Be more loving with yourself. Look in the mirror and recognize at least one beautiful and unique trait
- Vegetables. Make sure your plates are colourful and vibrant! Strive to have 50% of your plate be raw or lightly steamed veggies. Break out of your routine and try a variety of vegetables.
- Slow Down. Take 10-30 min out of each and everyday to do something for YOURSELF! Get outside and enjoy the fresh air and sunlight. Grab an herbal tea and cozy up with a novel you've been dying to read. Whatever you choose, it should be enjoyable and stress free!
- Eat Breakfast. You've heard this before but I'll say it again. It's SO important to start your day off with something nourishing. Eating breakfast will stabilize blood sugar levels, improve your mood, stave off cravings and low energy levels.
- Essential Oils. Create a soothing (and chemical free) atmosphere. In a diffuser, mix the following essential oils with water: Sweet orange, clove and cinnamon! Perfect combination for Fall:)
- Spend more time relaxing and having fun with loved ones.
XO - Valerie, RHN