It's important to realize that when it comes to your well-being that even small steps in the right direction can have a massive impact on your health.
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
I have compiled 5 of what I believe to be the most significant changes that you can make in your life right NOW!
- Hydration! Increase your daily water intake. Aim for 2-3L of pure, clean, filtered water each and everyday! Water is absolutely essential for all of our bodily functions. It's necessary for digestion, absorption, circulation, excretion of waste & maintenance of proper body temperature. Buy a glass or stainless steel water bottle and sip on it throughout your day. Remember that herbal teas count towards your intake but coffee, sodas and black teas absolutely do not!
- Get moving! Move your body each and everyday. We require regular physical exercise to maintain our health and well-being. Regular exercise promotes heart health, stress reduction, better quality sleep, weight management and keeps us regular! Find an activity that you love and incorporate it into your schedule. If you enjoy the activity, you will be more likely to stick to it. Try jogging, hiking, biking, yoga, Pilates, join a gym or buy a mini trampoline (for in home use) and jump on the spot! It's a great cardiovascular activity!
- Eat your vegetables! Most of us do not get enough veggies each day. Vegetables are loaded with nutrients, fibre and create an alkaline environment that supports health. Include more raw veggies in your diet - they are enzyme rich. Aim for 50% of your plate to be raw veggies. The more color on your plate, the better! Try dark green leafy veg like spinach, swiss chard, kale & collard greens - they are an amazing source of calcium, iron & antioxidants.
- Ditch the dairy. Significantly reduce if not eliminate the dairy from your diet. Dairy products are extremely inflammatory and mucus forming. Substitute your cow's milk for a non-dairy alternative such as almond, rice, hemp or oat milk. When it comes to cheese choose feta or goat cheese and eat sparingly.
- Replace your morning coffee with warm water, 1/2 a squeezed lemon and a tsp raw honey or 100% pure maple syrup. Your body will thank you! Warm water is extremely alkalizing, detoxifying and liver supportive. Ditch the caffeine, it creates an acidic environment and caffeine aggravates a number of health conditions.