Just because I'm a nutritionist doesn't mean I don't like to indulge every now and again - it's just good for the soul. Like most people, I have a sweet tooth and sometimes you just feel like some warm freshly baked cookies with a cup of homemade herbal mocha latte (right?!)
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
When I do indulge, I try my best to keep it as healthy a treat as possible. I love putting my own spin on recipes and that's exactly what I did with these!
So go ahead - indulge in these homemade baked treats, completely guilt free! These cookies are vegan, free of dairy and refined sugars and loaded with quality ingredients.
Makes: 12 cookies
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/3 cup shredded dried coconut
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 tsp cinnamon (feel free to add more if you're a cinnamon lover!)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup cacao nibs
pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix all of your dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (almond flour, shredded coconut, chopped pecans, cinnamon, sea salt & cacao nibs)
- Mix your wet ingredients together in a separate bowl (melted coconut oil, maple syrup & vanilla extract)
- Combine your wet ingredients with your dry and stir until well-combined
- Take 2 tbsp of dough, roll into a ball and then flatten on parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake until slightly browned at the edges, about 20 min or so
- Transfer to a cooling rack. They will crisp up as they cool