In the midst of a cleanse I was having a MAD craving for some cookies but they needed to be: dairy, egg, grain AND refined sugar-free - no biggie, right?!
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
My boyfriend and I put our heads together and created these chewy almond flour cookies that surprisingly accommodated the constraints of our cleanse. The recipe is super simple, the ingredients are entirely whole food based and the cookies are honestly to die for 😉
Chewy Almond Flour Cookies
Yields: 16-18 small cookies
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup raw honey
2 tsp orange zest
1 tsp lemon zest
small pinch of sea salt
a handful of whole raw almonds (optional)
*splash of water as you go
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl - the texture should be sticky. NOTE: You may need to add a little water (1/2 tsp at a time) to get a consistency that will hold together.
- Gently form your cookies - you won't be able to make perfectly round cookie shapes because the mixture is on the looser side and it will crumble. Do your best and get them onto the baking sheet.
- Optional: Gently press one whole raw almond onto each cookie (I use one hand to hold the shape of the cookie and the other to press the almond in so that I can maintain the shape of the cookie to prevent crumbling).
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Allow cookies to cool before handling.
Pair these cookies with a warming chai tea latte. I love Yogi Tea's herbal chai rooibos. I top my tea off with a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk that I froth, some raw honey and cinnamon. So good!
I wanna know, what super-clean-healthy cookies are your favourite?