Protein bites, fuel bites, energy balls, energy bites - whatever you call them, these little nuggets are nutrient rich and exploding with flavour.
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
They are easy to make and take no time at all, plus they offer a convenient, protein rich and blood stabilizing snack.
Nutrition Tip: Make a double batch, freeze and take out as needed.
Nutritional Notes: these bites are not only rich in protein but they boast a significant amount of fibre, healthy fats and blood stabilizing cinnamon. This recipe is vegan, soy-free and gluten-free if you buy certified GF oats.
Cinnamon Bun Protein Bites
3/4 cup oats*
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup Vanilla Sunwarrior Protein Powder
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tbsp cinnamon (plus extra for coating)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla powder (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
* for an entirely gluten-free recipe, look for certified GF oats
- In large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients together until smooth and creamy
- Combine wet with dry and mix well.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Prepare a plate with ground cinnamon and set aside.
- Taking about a tbsp of the mixture at a time, roll and form into small bites using your hands.
- Coat each bite with ground cinnamon. Continue this process until all of the mixture is used.
- Place finished protein bites onto parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes to set.
- Remove bites and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or keep them frozen and take them out as needed.