I wanted to share with you some of the awesome meals we created and enjoyed over our long weekend!
As I mentioned in my previous post it's important to relax, unwind and do things that are good for the soul in general but especially over a long weekend. But nothing feels worse than over-stuffing yourself and overindulging Friday night-Monday night. It's just as important to take care, hydrate, move your body and eat clean, nourishing foods in the midst of your long-weekend fun. It's all about balance, right?! We have a few more long weekends ahead of us this summer and I really hope you remember my words. Bookmark my blog and keep some of these recipes handy - you and your body will thank me for it!
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
Coconut Protein Patties
Yields 8 large patties or 12 small patties
Recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegetarian and vegan *
1 cup cooked quinoa
2 zucchini, grated
1 carrot, grated
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 sweet onion, fine dice
1 stalk celery, fine dice
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
The following dried spices: 1/4 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp marjoram, 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp thyme, 1/4 tsp rosemary, 1/4 tsp mustard, 1/4 tsp cumin and 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
pinch of cayenne
1/2 tbsp turmeric
2 eggs or * 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp ground chia combined with 6 tbsp warm water. Stir and allow it to sit for 10 min)
1 tsp sea salt and pepper
1-2 tbsp coconut oil for frying
- Cook quinoa.
- Allow grated zucchini and carrot to sit in a colander and drain while you prepare everything else. You may even need to squeeze any excess water out of them using a tea towel.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Take some of the mixture and form into patties in your hand. Continue this until mixture is finished.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Cantaloupe & Blueberry Kale Salad With a Citrus Dressing
3 cups Tuscan Kale, cut into ribbons
1 endive, thinly sliced
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup cantaloupe, cubed
1/4 cup raw walnuts
pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Toss with salad dressing and enjoy.
1 orange, zested & juiced
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1.5 tbsp raw honey
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup olive oil
3/4 tsp sea salt and black pepper
- Blend, whisk or vigorously shake in a mason jar.
- This recipe makes plenty. Store the remaining dressing in a mason jar for up to one week.