This is one of the best banana breads I've ever tried! And that's saying something because I like banana bread 😉
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
I have never really had much of a sweet tooth but growing up banana bread was always something I loved. This recipe delivers 100% on taste, texture & visual appeal. Plus, your home will smell phenomenal!
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium or 3 large bananas)
- 2/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup softened coconut oil (plus a bit extra to coat your pan)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare your loaf pan with a light coating of oil.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Add the banana, syrup and oil. Stir just until all flour is absorbed.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Stores in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Pin me to save me for later 👆🏽
Best part about baking your own goodies is that they make awesome snacks for the week.