Last call for all things pumpkin!
Maybe it's just me but I feel like the end of November also marks the end for all things pumpkin and spice. Thankfully, we can still hold onto our oversized sweaters, blanket scarves and cozy cabin socks as we head into December - phew!
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
But December is fast approaching and it lends itself better to chocolate and peppermint pairings, right?! I mean, peppermint cocoa - come on! 🙌🏽
Even so, we still have a few more days to embrace the pumpkin and spice craze! So, let's have one last hoorah with this gluten-free pumpkin bread.
I don't know about you, but one of my favourite mid-afternoon snacks during the colder months is a homemade muffin or slice of loaf with a chai tea latte or Dandy Blend coffee - there's something so comforting about that.
I'll whip up something on a Sunday that way I have it ready and prepped for the week ahead. It helps to curb cravings and it ensures control over the ingredients so I'm not buying prepared sweets from a store or drive-thru window.
Not to toot my own horn, but you guys! This bread is sensational. It has the perfect consistency and for a gluten-free recipe, that's all sorts of amazing. If you love spice cake, this bread is for you! It includes warming spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. It's the perfect amount of sweetness and incredibly moist.
You can feel good knowing that this recipe is dairy, gluten and refined sugar free. It's loaded with fibre and made with low-glycemic coconut sugar.
Feeling indulgent? Try this bread with my caramel sauce drizzled over top 😋
Gluten-free Pumpkin Bread
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp sea salt
8 oz. canned pumpkin
1/2 cup coconut sugar
6 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan and set it aside.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl: flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and sea salt.
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl: pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, whisked eggs, oil, non-dairy milk and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to your dry ingredients bowl and combine well.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and using a spatula smooth out the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to cool on a cooling rack then slice and serve.