One healthy tip I highly suggest you implement is making your own salad dressing! The majority of the dressings at the grocery store are not doing your body any favours with added salt, sugars, other additives and hidden ingredients. Making your own is much healthier and couldn't be any simpler!
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
- Maintain about a 3:1 ratio of oil to acid
- Optional oils: olive oil, flax or hempseed oil
- Optional acids: Balsamic vinegar, rice wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, lemon & red wine vinegar
- For a smoother/creamier salad dressing try adding Dijon or an organic egg yolk
- Create a bold signature dressing all your own with spices, herbs & natural sweeteners! Consider using garlic, ginger, thyme, dill, oregano, rosemary, Tamari, nutritional yeast, raw honey & pure maple syrup
- Store in a glass mason jar! Not only is it a great method of food storage, but you can shake and pour the dressing in one convenient vessel
Pin me to save me for later!👆🏽
My go-to dressing
2/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic dressing
1 tbsp Dijon grainy mustard
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp nutritional yeast
2 tsp dried dill & thyme
a small hit of 100% pure maple syrup
sea salt & black pepper to taste
Whisk until fully combined, store in a glass mason jar and use as needed!
This dressing is fantastic on salads, roasted veggies & quinoa, soba noodles & more!
The options are endless, have fun creating a dressing all your own!