Is it really October already? Time is just flying by - do you feel the same way?
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
A few days behind but I wanted to share with you some amazing health products that I'm absolutely loving right now!
So, here goes - time for my Love List, September 2014 edition:
I'm sure that most of you are well aware of my deep love for essential oils. Since using doTERRA's Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils, my love affair has hit a new high and that is the reason they rank on my latest edition of Love List.
I use them for everything. For instance, I clean my entire house with my All Purpose Spray (I'll share the recipe below) and the magic ingredient is doTERRA's lemon essential oil which is a powerful disinfectant. Lemon EO literally kills germs within minutes.
In the evening my personal routine looks like this:
- A few drops of lavender essential oil on my bedding 20 minutes before bed to help lull me to sleep.
- Serenity EO blend diffusing in our bedroom to help sooth and calm us down.
- 1 drop of Frankincense EO in my face oil, applied to my forehead, cheeks, top of the nose, chin and neck for skin health and anti-aging.
- Melaleuca (applied neat) as needed for blemishes.
- Lavender EO applied to my temples and behind my ears for improved sleep.
- Vetiver EO applied to the bottoms of my feet if it's been a stressful week to prevent a racy mind and curb insomnia.
- 1 drop of On Guard applied to my floss for gum health and an immune boost.
- 1 drop of Peppermint EO on my tongue for fresh breath.
Almost everyday I will diffuse one of the following, depending on mood and what I'm after:
- Citrus Bliss to uplift mood and purify the air
- Peppermint to improve focus and enhance concentration
- On Guard for prevention against viruses, flu bugs, etc. Eliminates air-borne pathogens
- Elevation - a joyful blend for decreasing stress (this is also my go-to scent to wear as a perfume because it smells so good!)
- Lemon, Lime & Wild Orange for uplifting mood, purifying the air, also great for depression
In my water (*Taking essential oils internally is specific to doTERRA brand):
- Slim & Sassy metabolic blend
- DigestZen to sooth and combat indigestion
- Lemon, Wild Orange or Grapefruit for everyday detoxification and flavour enhancer
- On Guard if I'm feeling under the weather
I have clients dealing with a variety of issues from arthritis to insomnia and aside from nutrition & lifestyle factors, I'll recommend a specific oil protocol as a natural solution to their health issue.
DIY All Purpose Cleaner
1/4 cup white vinegar 1 3/4 cup water 20 drops doTERRA lemon essential oil 10 drops doTERRA wild orange essential oil
Combine all of the ingredients in a spray bottle, shake and use on everything that you want cleaned, freshened & disinfected.
These days I'm all about the ultrasonic diffuser to maximize the benefits of aromatherapy (breathing them in) with these awesome oils. For a few reasons:
- Ultrasonic diffusers break the essential oils down into very small particles which allows them to travel more easily and deeply through your airways to effectively do their work such as ease congestion, clear sinuses, boost immunity, elevate mood, relax & unwind you, etc.
- They literally purify, sterilize and deodorize the air. This is helpful for a number of reasons: freshening the air, eliminating pathogens, controlling allergies, etc.
- They also act as a humidifier which is great because dry air can be harmful to our skin.
- They circulate negative ions known to increase oxygen to our brains helpful for relieving stress, exhaustion, headaches, breathing and sleep.
- You will use far less essential oils because these diffusers do not use heat (which burn through oils much more quickly). They use high frequency, low energy vibrations to break the oils down into tiny particles. Heating the oils can actually destroy their beneficial properties.
My go-to places to order from:
My new obsession! Honestly - I can't get enough these days.
Love tahini on everything, especially roasted veggies and grain bowls. If you're not familiar with tahini, it's a sesame seed paste. Read my previous post all about the benefits of this yummy butter and you can also check out my recipe for a tahini dressing that is quick, easy and spoon-licking good! It also makes for an awesome veggie dip or sandwich spread:)
4. Tori's Bakeshop & The Beet (T.O. Restaurant Recommendations)
I highly recommend visiting both of these places if/when you're in the city. I love Sundays with my boy and every once in a while we will make special trips to the city just to frequent our fave restaurants.
Tori's is an all natural, organic bakery that offers dairy, egg and refined sugar-free treats as well as gluten-free options. All of their products are baked fresh each morning and you can taste it! Everything there is SO darn good but my favourite things to order are their gluten-free donuts and savoury scones - I just can't...there are no words to describe how good they are! If you're there for lunch, I highly recommend their pizza pockets or BLT made with coconut bacon! I always order an almond milk latte when I'm there but they also carry kombucha and cold pressed juices - bonus!
The Beet is an organic restaurant designed by the owners - a nutritionist and homeopathic doctor - enough said, right?!
Going to The Beet for breakfast is a must! Although, you should definitely go for lunch and dinner too because the menu is just too good to pass up - options like vegan mac and cheese, BBQ tempeh wrap or bison burger make it hard to choose from.
Their breakfast menu ranges from free range eggs with raw Quebec cheddar and gluten-free toast to house made granola and toasted banana sandwiches. But my favourite thing to order for breakfast is their Huevos Rancheros with an almond milk latte and fresh juice.
My top picks as of late - don't be surprised if you see me there and please come say hello!
- Valerie XO