Did the headline of this post reel you in? Then, we need to chat! Keep reading, this post is for YOU!
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
Here's my secret to weight loss….
There is no secret to weight loss. There's no magic pill. No quick fix. We know this! So why, why, why are we constantly searching for the holy grail of weight loss?!
What I teach my clients and you my faithful readers is not a quick fix & definitely not a diet - because those are not only temporary but they don't work! I teach you a lifestyle change. And guess what? When you commit to it & give it your all, it works.
Do you want to lose weight and keep it off? Then you need to get back to basics.
Eat real food. Move your body every single day and drink clean water. Sounds pretty simple, right?
There's no deprivation in real food. No calorie counting. No points scale. Diets suck the joy out of eating and eating SHOULD be joyful. Two words to remember: REAL FOOD!
And yet how many of us refuse to do this. We live in an age of convenience where food comes packaged and processed. We are poisoning ourselves with these food-like substances that are filled with chemicals and then we're wondering why we're struggling with not only our weight but most importantly our health!
Try some of these tips:
- Eat real food - mostly plants
- Drink at least 2L of clean, filter water daily
- Purge your kitchen of non-food items (if it's there it will tempt you)
- Incorporate movement each and everyday even if it's only for a few minutes
- Try a smoothie (a real one, not one made with fake fruit juice & ice cream)
- More healthy fats like avocados, raw nuts/seeds, good oils like olive, coconut, flax and hemp
- Eat your veggies,especially the green ones
- Be prepared! Healthy eating requires more planning and more time spent in your kitchen
- Learn to cook your own food
- Break up with sugar
- Always leave some space when you eat
- Fried foods….wait, really, do we need a bullet on fried foods when we're talking weight loss. Say no to fried foods.
- If you can't pronounce an ingredient, don't eat it!
Need a little more encouragement? Some guidance for healthy living and clean eating? Let's chat! I would love to work with you one-on-one to get you looking and feeling exactly how you deserve to! Contact me at: hello(at)valeriepiccitto(dot)com