This dessert is sinfully delicious! It has a creamy peanut butter filling with a nutty sunflower seed crust and it's drizzled with rich dark chocolate. Best part about this recipe - it's gluten and dairy free :)
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
It's always been a big hit whenever I've brought it to family occasions. So if you're wondering what to bring with you to your family Thanksgiving - look no further!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Pie
1 cup sunflower seeds, roasted
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
2 tbsp raw cacao powder
2 tbsp maple syrup
pinch of sea salt
1 cup cashes, soaked 2-4 hours or overnight
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
2/3 cup raw honey
1/2 tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
water to thin out
2 oz dairy-free chocolate chips
2 tbsp coconut oil
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Spread sunflower seeds in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- Allow them to cool before adding them to the food processor.
- In a food processor combine all of the crust ingredients and blend for 30 seconds. Don’t over process or it will become crumbly and will not hold together.
- Press mixture firmly into the bottom and upsides of 9-inch pie plate. You may wish to line your pie plate with parchment paper. It makes it easier to remove slices when serving.
- Bake for 10 minutes and cool.
For the filling:
- In a food processor combine above ingredients minus the dairy-free chocolate chips and coconut oil. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a DIY double boiler gently melt the dairy-free chocolate chips with the coconut oil.
- Pour the filling mixture over the crust and drizzle with melted chocolate. Freeze for at least 3 hours or overnight to set. Remove pie from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
- Let stand at room temperature until pie is soft enough to cut into slices to serve.
- Store leftovers covered in the freezer to be enjoyed at another time!
I wanna know, what's your favourite thanksgiving dessert?