Can I just tell you how much I love this recipe?! I wasn't always a dark chocolate lover! But over the years I've developed quite a serious love affair with it.
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
Making your own chocolate is surprisingly easy to do and can be much healthier for you. The star of this recipe is really the raw cacao powder which is considered to be a superfood and for good reason!
Raw cacao is a good source of iron, fibre, and antioxidants – great for skin health! And ladies, when you’re premenstrual, this will be your go-to. Raw cacao is also magnesium rich, which will work to alleviate some symptoms such as cramping – major bonus! And thanks to the magnesium, it has a calming effect on our nervous system which can help us to unwind and relax.
(when I'm not making my own dark chocolate, my go to brands are Giddy Yoyo and Chocosol. I'm obsessed with Giddy Yoyo's Mint and also their Vanilla Salt combo - soooo darn yummy!)
This is one of my favourite dessert recipes to make when we have guests over because:
- It's ridiculously easy to make but still looks fancy 😉
- Pairs beautifully with an organic wine
- Tastes rich and decadent
- It contains real, whole food ingredients
- Bonus - it's dairy and gluten-free
Pistachio & Cranberry Dark Chocolate Bark
Makes 8-10 pieces
1/3 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup real maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup raw pistachios, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
pinch of sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt coconut oil.
- Slowly whisk in raw cacao powder until fully combined.
- Stir in maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, roughly chop raw pistachios and dried cranberries and set aside.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto the baking sheet and use a spatula to even it out.
- Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and cranberries.
- Refrigerate for a few hours and then break into large pieces.
- This will store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Go ahead and indulge - without the guilt 😜
I wanna know, are you a dark chocolate fan?