So it's officially Fall and what better way to usher in a new season than with a warming dish of poutine and gravy?!
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
Now, this isn't your typical poutine - it's a MUCH healthier version that you can feel good about eating 😊
Roasted Veggie Poutine With Gravy
This dish is vegetarian & gluten-free.
It can be made vegan if you leave out the cheese option or use a vegan cheese instead.
Note: We are aiming for a rustic looking veggie poutine. Keep this in mind when chopping your vegetables. Keep them bite-size, but you do not need to be perfect with your knife cuts.
4 carrots, roughly chopped
2 parsnips, roughly chopped
2 sweet potatoes (Alternatively, Russet potatoes or a combination of the 2), roughly chopped
1/2 head of cauliflower, bite-sized florets
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup organic cheddar cheese, shredded (optional) - raw is best if you can find it or you can substitute a vegan cheese here for a vegan option
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line 1-2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss vegetables in olive oil and sea salt, and spread out evenly on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes flipping once halfway through.
- Top with generous serving of poutine gravy (below) and organic cheddar cheese, and serve.
- Vegan Option: sprinkle with Daiya cheese.
This gravy is vegetarian and gluten-free
2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp tamari
2 dollops mustard
4 tbsp chickpea flour
2 tbsp ghee (alternatively you can use organic butter or olive or coconut oil for a vegan option)
sea salt and pepper to taste
- Make a roux with chickpea flour and ghee on medium-low heat.
- Add in vegetable broth slowly and whisk.
- Once all vegetable broth has been incorporated, whisk in remaining ingredients and turn heat up to boil.
- Lower to medium heat and whisk until it reaches desired consistency.
- Pour over veggie poutine and enjoy!
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds for a protein boost.
- Other serving suggestions: Pour gravy over any roasted veggies, grains or poultry.