Who doesn't love a a good peanut butter cookie?! I know I do! They're classic, right? Up there with chocolate chip & oatmeal - hands down.
Peanut butter cookies are such a throwback to my childhood...AND those fork marks!!! They scream home-made, made with love & from scratch. All the best cookies are. I honestly believe they make the cookie taste more peanut buttery & down right satisfying. It's not a true PB cookie without them (in my opinion). Ok...moving on from the fork marks...
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
Let's take a moment to appreciate that these cookies are free of dairy, refined sugar, eggs & gluten. And yes, they're still ahhhhhmazing.
Important points: Remember to buy organic peanut butter because peanuts are one of the most heavily sprayed crops. This ensures we at least reduce the amount of pesticides we're exposed to. Plus, organic PB (unlike conventional) doesn't contain the added sugars, emulsifiers and hydrogenated oils.
Additional point: You can easily replace peanut butter in this recipe with alternative nut butters such as almond, hazelnut or cashew or even nut-free options such as sunflower seed butter.
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
1 1/4 cup millet flour
1/2 cup organic peanut butter
1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
water as needed
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Slowly add your flour to this 1/4 cup at a time with 1 tsp of water. Continue this process until mixture is fully combined.
- Taking about 2-3 tbsp of the mixture at a time start to form your cookies and place them on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Gently press the cookies down with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack before storing them in an airtight container.
I wanna know, what's your favourite childhood cookie?