Growing up I loved tzatziki but since trying to reduce dairy in my diet I have not been able to enjoy it - until now!
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
This yummy and simple dairy-free version uses unsweetened coconut yogurt instead of traditional yogurt.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
1/2 cucumber, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt (I prefer YOSO brand)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 good pinch of sea salt
Optional: drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to finish
- Place grated cucumber in a fine mesh sieve over a bowl with a pinch of salt. This will allow the water to drain so that your tzatziki is not watery. Leave it to drain for about an hour.
- In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, coconut yogurt and lemon juice with a good pinch of sea salt.
- Fold in grated cucumber once drained.
- Chill for an hour before serving.
- Optional: drizzle tzatziki with olive oil to finish and serve.
- Serve with gluten-free crackers, raw veggies, black olives or your favourite entrée such as organic chicken breasts.
PS. This tzatziki is definitely garlicky. Enjoy with caution! You've been warned!