If you're anything like me, your body craves hearty, warming soups this time of year.
I love the simplicity of this soup, it's very simple to put together which is especially appealing to me on a cozy Sunday night when all I want to do is soak up as much R & R as possible.
It's loaded with fibre rich veggies, immune boosting onions and garlic (tis the season 😉 ) and navy beans which are an excellent source of plant-based protein.
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
The whole grain baguette in this recipe can be used two ways:
1. in the soup (Tuscan style), in small pieces. It soaks up the broth and adds some extra heartiness and/or
2. keep it crispy and enjoy it on the side.
White Bean, Broccoli & Garlic Soup
1-2 tbsp olive oil
2 small onions, fine dice
3 small carrots, fine dice
2 ribs of celery, fine dice
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 L of veggie stock
2 cups broccoli florets
1 can navy beans, drained and rinsed
Sea salt and pepper
1 loaf of whole grain baguette, thinly sliced
1-2 tsp Dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place baguette slices onto a cookie sheet and sprinkle with dried oregano, sea salt and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the oven for about 15 min - until golden brown and set aside.
- In a large soup pot over medium heat sauté onions in olive oil for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add carrots, celery & garlic to the pot and continue to sauté for 5 minutes longer.
- Add veggie stock and turn the heat up to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and allow veggies to soften - about 15-20 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets and navy beans to the pot. Sauté for another 10 minutes or so, covered to allow the broccoli to steam.
- Generously season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Break up baguette slices into little pieces and add to the soup or serve them on the side.
I wanna know, what's your go-to warming soup for this time of year?