Admittedly, soups are not always my first choice BUT at this time of year I really do enjoy them from time to time. They are delicious, warming and such a great way to incorporate a ton of veggies into your meals.
Pin me 👆🏽to save me for later!
I find I gravitate towards pureed soups, they are rich and satisfying but you could easily leave this soup as is instead - just be sure to cut your vegetables small, mince your ginger and garlic and chop your cashews.
This is an incredible Carrot & Ginger soup - no exaggeration. My (not so) secret ingredient is tamari and it really elevates this simple recipe into a bold and mouth-watering meal.
This soup is a rich source of Vitamin A, healthy fats and anti-inflammatory ginger - great for opening up the airways! Best part of soups - plenty leftover for the next day.
Zingy Carrot & Ginger Soup
Yields: 4-5 cups, GF and Vegan
3 tbsp coconut oil
6 tbsp raw cashews, whole
8 large carrots, chopped
3 tbsp ginger root, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 cups filtered water
1 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp organic, gluten-free tamari
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a large soup pot, warm coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add whole, raw cashews to the pot and allow them to toast up. Keep a close eye on them to prevent burning.
- Next, add carrots, ginger and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add water, coconut milk, tamari, cayenne and sea salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are fork tender.
- Add soup contents to a blender or Vitamix and puree in batches until smooth. Taste for sea salt and adjust accordingly.
Enjoy! If you're anything like me, you will not be able to stop eating this zingy soup!